Popular Posts

Thursday 25 February 2016

Day 9

Today I had a brain wave! Stop eating so much and then you wouldn't be so fat! So when the rest of the carters tucked into to their mega breakfast, I had a spinach and mushroom
Omelette. It was so boring that I had to dip into the kids pancakes! In fact I should have just ordered them as I ate more than I would have done if I had ordered them myself! Anyway the menu stated that my breakfast was 490 calories so only 25k on the bike to do to sort that!
After breakfast in international drive and a short car trip we have arrived at Kissimmee. We have kindly been given our very good friends holiday home to stay in for a few days. Totally beautiful and amazing location. It is available to rent so if you are interested then happy to pass you the details. Sarah ? Commission?
I have always had an irrational fear of the wind. Not the bottom type but the weather type! It results in me shaking and sweating and imagining blowing away like a scene from the wizard of oz when the tornado strikes. So whilst minding my own business in the supermarket a very nice chap advised us to go indoors as a hurricane is approaching. So what would you do? Exactly. Stock up on bottled water and tins in case civilisation is wiped out. I am ready!
Oh yes, and a couple of bottles of vino in case it all gets too much!
We haven't done anything major over the last day or two as we have been letting Bens counts recover. I think we are just about ready to brave Universal tomorrow. A couple more days of fun and then Dean goes home for a bit, my Mum arrives and the treatment starts. I must admit I am starting to get a little apprehensive but needs must.
Bens school teacher emailed me today with the most lovely video that his friends made for him. Waiting for the ok to post it and I will share it with you. It was great and brought a little tear.
The kids are currently playing pool attenders but even that doesn't stop the relentless bickering. Driving me bonkers! It makes it worse as Ben now has his voice. At least before you couldn't hear him shouting at Chloe!
In my last blog that went a bit wrong I was trying to tell you about Bens idea for bringing Bens buddy to the UK. When a kid has a line in it is really important that they are comfortable and that they stay dry. In the UK Ben was given a net to put over it. So basically as it says on the tin. A piece of netting. Here he has been given this soft fabric cover that goes round his middle and he loves it. It means he doesn't even have to look at the lines. Another thing that Ben has struggled with is telling us how he feels. So Bens buddy will have different emotion imoges so that kids can wear the band and display how they feel. We see this as a real positive for little kids.
This has only been possible because of your support.
I am part of a proton Facebook group and it is amazing. Parents post comments and we see each day a child complete their treatment. That will be Ben in April. Cannot wait.
I haven't worn makeup now for about a week. I have forgotten what I look like in real life but living the American Dream I certainly look like xxxx. The less I have to do, the less time I seem to have. Not only am I thousands of miles from home but also thousands of miles from being me!
I will never complain again! Until....,
So this evening is chilling out in this fabulous home. Early night ready for fun tomorrow. Until then ....

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment