Popular Posts

Wednesday 24 February 2016


Day 7 and 8
I Just keep writing and then loosing what I write. Totally irritating.  So I shall try again!
A non eventful day really yesterday. Hospital trip for bloods and dressing followed by cleaning whilst awaiting the results. Just as  well I did clean as his result came back showing that he was neutropenic, basically very w
I am not used to this! Much easier to be at work. Today  I counted 68 times someone shouting mummy? Draining I
So a couple of milestones have been reached today. Firstly we are down to the last 3 eyelashes. Gutted. Ben has the most incredible eyelashes... Or he did. The second was that he woke up with a voice. No idea why. This has historically indicated that his tumour has regrown but I am thinking that actually he is just getting his voice. It will be short lived as the proton will see to that. 
CIn between everything else we eat a lot. In the process of booking another seat home in the plane for my left butt cheek. Yes I have started to waddle. Not proud but can't help it. In America all you do is eat!
Today we headed to Orlando again. Staying in a hotel ahead of going to Pete and Sarah's lovely home tomorrow. We are going to hit a couple of parks before the proton begins. 
I still wake up each day and can't believe this is happening to us. I look at Ben and he is just Benjibob. Then the day begins, flushing this line, dressing the peg, anti sickness, temperature checking, worrying, focussing and refocussing. Then I know it is really happening to Ben, to all of us.
I never really thought of myself as having lots of friends. Acquaintances yes but friends no. I was wrong. I have the most amazing friends who have kept me sane, kept me strong and helped in every way possible. I miss you all. Get yourself in training for our return party! 
Anyway enough emotion! Guess where we took the kids today? Of course the Ice bar! Who wouldn't!! Neutropenic kid wearing fur coat enters a bar which is minus 5. Parenting at its best. They wanted to go, so we took them. We paid a fortune to go in. We all put on our coats and gloves. We went in .... We left. The kids were cold. What did they think was going to be in an ice bar? ! Following that we explored international drive   how they are feeling. Will send over a photo of a similar thing out here. 

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. If it is any consolation Jo, I love reading your blog and your updates, so your efforts are not unappreciated, even if it is very frustrating trying to write it! Claire x

    ReplyDelete