Popular Posts

Monday 28 March 2016

A little poem. Be patient please .

Be patient please, I am still catching up.
For I haven't had time to understand?
Why this has happened and what it all means, all I can do is hold his hand.
I could never know, not really, not now, what it is like staring cancer in the face.
It's threat and its power, It's pain and its grip, and the constant run from the chase.
There is a battle to be fought and a fight to be won, and pain and hurt along the way.
But one day I promise him this will be done and he will live to see brighter days.
Be patient please, I am still catching up
For I haven't had time to understand?
Why this has been given to my special boy, to deal with, why this terrible hand?
He is angry, he is sad but he is only a boy, with dreams and ambitions too.
So why is this chosen for him right now?
What do I need to do to get him through?
One day we will recognise that this was living hell but before we get there we have to be strong.
We must stay focused and firm and positive as well, for we know that this journey will be long.
Be patient please, I am still catching up
For I haven't had time to understand?
What this all means and how it will end, but together we have taken a stand.
We will fight it and beat it and show it who's boss and it will go away.
But until that time we will focus and pray for Ben's health each and every day.
When the treatment is finished and Ben feels well, we will know cancer has finished causing him pain?
And we will
Move forward never wanting to, experience this ever again.
But right now with his struggles, his symptoms, his strain, we know it is not over yet.
Goodbye cancer you have had your time and now it is you we want to forget.
You have tried your best you have tried to win and you have kicked him when he was so low.
So now disappear you have had your time. Now we want you to go.
But each day he fights you with a strength and a will, his strength is what carries him through.
And you must know by now, cruel disease, that he is fighting to beat you.
So, I won't be patient, and you won't catch us out as you never gave me time to understand?
But one thing is for sure, you can try as you like but my boy will always have the upper hand.
Goodbye cancer, you are boring us now Ben has shown you that he is too tough.
You should leave now and disappear for good, he is over with feeling rough.
Go away now and be gone for good. I am losing patience now.
Your are a pain, an annoyance and draining as well,
It is time to take your final bow.
I won't be patient, I will never understand why you had to choose him?
What did he do? He is just a boy?
Goodbye.
You will never win.




Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. The way you have handled what has been dealt to your precious child has been truly inspiring, your fighting spirit shines through in all that you write. You will win, Ben will win and this fight will be consigned to history. These times will become old memories as Ben's hopes and dreams are fulfilled and new, happy memories take their place. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words, as ever, strike a chord with us all. You will beat this together.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete